The aim of PESTLE analysis is to understand how macro-environmental factors affect the performance of an organization, then take appropriate actions to adapt to the changing environment. It brings together six external perspectives that serve as useful input into the strategic planning process of an organization. These six perspectives are: Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal, and environmental external factors.
This PESTLE analysis template provides a structured approach for scanning the external environment of any business. It follows a seven-step process and designed to be simple and easy to complete. These steps are:
- Brainstorming all possible environmental factors.
- Identifying the potential opportunities and/or threats that may arise from each factor.
- Identifying sources of information for each environmental factor.
- Preparing the study questionnaire.
- Collecting the data.
- Analyzing the collected data.
- Taking appropriate actions where necessary.
This template is a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation file that you can use and modify to suit your specific needs. For example, you may modify the elements in the PESTLE tree structure to meet your needs. You may also add additional sources of information as necessary. A Microsoft Excel version is available for systematically documenting inputs from a PESTLE analysis session in a clear and user-friendly manner.
PESTLE Analysis Template (164 KB)
PESTLE Analysis Template (20 KB)
PEST Analysis Template (28 KB)